Skip to content
- Successfully lead a team of Explorers throughout the course of a project. There are lots of possibilities but whatever you do, you’ll need to:
- Set a goal for the project and individual targets for team members
- Take suggestions and feedback from team members into account and act on them
- Teach team members new skills that may be required for the project
- Manage any tricky situations or people and find compromises
- Give clear instructions, motivate your team, give praise, ensure that you are on track and make sure everyone is safe
- Take an active role in the running of an activity linking with the Scout section. Help a new Explorer Scout to be part of the Unit and help them understand what is expected.
- Help a group of Explorers or members of a younger section develop a Scouting skill.
- Represent the views of other Explorer Scouts (for example at a District Explorer Scout Forum or similar) and report back to them afterwards.