For more information on joining us as a leader, please Contact Us.
Support the operation of the Section. In particular, the planning and delivery of the Balanced Programme, with the help of other Section Leaders, Assistant Section Leaders, Section Assistants, Young Leaders and members of Scout Active Support as appropriate. Some of the tasks for which the Assistant Section Leader is responsible may be delegated to others in the Section, including other Section Leaders, Assistant Section Leaders and Section Assistants.
- As defined by the Section Leader. This could be anything that the Sections Leadership Team agrees with the Occasional Helper, for example:
- They may have unsupervised access to young people. For instance, a parent who drives the minibus or their own vehicle to take children to activities away from the regular meeting place organised by the section leaders.
- Parents who are volunteering on a section’s parent rota more than once every month. (people help out more than once a month should take on a Sectional Assistant role)
- Helping with an overnight activity.
For example, a parent who is joining the unit in their annual camp, or supervising a group on a night hike.
- Handling money, for example, collecting subs or camp fees for the unit