To gain this award the following requirements must be completed:
- Be a member of Explorer Scouts for at least six months.
- Complete six nights away as an Explorer Scout of which four must be camping.
- Complete two activities from the International, Environment and Values list. The two activities should come from different areas.
- Hold the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award, or complete the four Platinum Scout Challenges, which are:
- Take up a skill for three months, and show progress and lasting interest. The skill can be an existing interest or something entirely new
- Take up a physical activity for three months, completing an agreed programme of taking part and achievement
- Provide service to an individual or the community for three months. Briefing and training should be given in order to gain the necessary skills. This can include helping with another section as a Young Leader
- Complete a two day and one night expedition in rural country by foot, cycle, horse, canoe, boat or dinghy. The expedition should involve careful preparation, training, responsibility and review
Members must undertake an extra three months in any of the skills, physical recreation or service challenges.
Certificates for this award are available in packs of 10 from Scout Shops, or can be printed off using the file below. As well as cloth and metal badges, the completion of the Chief Scout’s Platinum Award can be recognised by awarding this certificate.